Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Things I learned this week


 1. Gracie LOVES standing up on her own, and can amuse herself for hours standing up and toppling over.

2. Frankie still makes funny faces when being weighed. 
 

3. Weight and age are not always directly proportional. 
Exhibit A: Zawadi, despite being a full year older, weighs exactly the same amount as Frankie. 
Exhibit B: Peace, who has doubled in weight in the last month! Hooray Peace!



Exhibit A
Exhibit B
4. Five years old is not nearly old enough to start school. I'm going to miss these boys terribly - although they'll be in fantastic hands, and I know they'll kick butt when school starts!
Me with big girl Tumaini (far left), Stevie (left) and Ericki (right)
 5. Big sisters are fantastic. Jealous I never had one! (Ok, dont' ask my little brother for an opinion on this item).

Loveness hitching a ride with Tumaini
 6. The inside of honey bees' hives are incredibly, and strangely, gorgeous. Not directly orphanage related, but I did learn it this week!


I have just a few shorts days to go with my babies, so I'm going to log off and get back to cuddling them ASAP. More substance on my return to the frozen north!

No comments:

Post a Comment