Monday, June 13, 2011

Incredible little individuals!

Hey Everyone! Like Bekka I have just returned from volunteering at Nkoaranga Orphanage and I definitely seem to be missing the kids there more every day! When I first arrived in Nkoaranga I never imagined that I would grow to feel as close to the children as my friends did, but the more I visited the orphanage and the more I got to know the children there as the incredible individuals that they are I realised that, without me realising it, I'd already fallen in love with them all. It's impossible not to: they are all so full of life - so exuberant, loving and with such big personalities! Each and every one of them is just perfect (soggy nappies, snot and all!). The Mamas there are inspiring woman and it was a privilege to work with and make friends with them. I'm so glad that the children have such caring and loving people to take care of them as they grow up, and I'm so happy to have to opportunity to continue to support them as they do it!

Also, I hope you like the picture! It was taken soon after I arrived and looking back I can't believe how much Ester has grown!!! We were all so proud of her when she took her first steps...and she was so excited too!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Ester really has grown! But then they all have, I can't believe it. I never notice it when I'm actually there, but you go away for a couple of weeks and it really hits you.

    ReplyDelete