Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Interpret THIS

The last week or so has been really rough, because the kids keep up popping up in my dreams EVERY. NIGHT. Sometimes in weird places, too - in last night's dream I was joining a gym in my hometown and Pray was wreaking havoc in the changing room, which is accurate behaviorally if not geographically.
Pray in his natural state - filthy! And never happier. 
The night before Z kept wandering through different rooms and I was trying to chase her down, and then I was told she'd been moved to another orphanage and I couldn't find her, which was heartbreaking. The night before THAT I was chasing chickens around in my sleep while the kids played all around. Crazy! Still, it's really rough spending your days trying to work hard enough to forget how much you miss them, then to have the little scraps sneak attack you in your dreams. Although, again, I suppose that's fairly accurate too - they sneak into your heart and don't let go. And at least this way I get to see their faces, even if I'm not actually awake for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment