Thursday, May 16, 2013

On being back home to stay

It's been a while since I've written a personal post, but I sure do have a lot to say this time! Since early April, I've been living on the ground at Nkoaranga and seeing the kids every day. My husband and I are in the process of getting permission to foster Zawadi and Saimoni, and will be able to file for adoption three months later - keep your fingers crossed for us! In the mean time, we get to see them every day at the orphanage along with our other fantastic kiddos.


Things sure have changed since January, when I left last time! Then, little Ebeni and little Neema were just starting to crawl. Now, they're all over the place, walking with help, pulling to stand on their own, and zipping all around in the walkers we bought with your generous donations.


Isaac was just starting to respond to people - now he's sitting up and smiling at everyone.


Angel was just a few weeks old - now she's a big, beautiful little girl, although still incredibly tall and skinny - we keep feeding her, but she refuses to get fat, just keeps getting taller! At this rate she'll be 7 feet tall by the time she's 5 years old.



And of course, we welcomed our newest precious little girl, Priscilla.



Our bigger guys are growing and changing all the time too, although the changes are a bit less visible. Keep checking back here for more on their progress!


I'm now working on the ground full time for The Small Things. That means checking in with the kids and mamas, coordinating volunteers, buying supplies, and working on the next steps for our organization. It's more than a full time job, but I'm loving every second of it. Any job that means I get to see these gorgeous faces every day is the job for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment