Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spiderbaby, spiderbaby, does whatever a spiderbaby does...

From a wiggle-worm to a spiderbaby in five short months


Also - darn kids got bubble gum all over their hair, ears, and forehead, and peanut butter failed to alleviate the problem. I don't know whether it's the Tanzanian bubble gum or the natural peanut butter, but Stevie and Ericki will be walking around with pink heads and ears for a few more days. I'd be lying if I said I don't think it's hysterical, but Stevie is not. happy.

Remorseful and pissed

Not even a little bit sorry. Kind of likes the peanut butter process.
 Other than that, things are pretty calm, albeit in a things-are-always-insane-so-slightly-less-insane-seems-downright-peaceful kind of way. I'm taking a mental health break and going on a super low budget trip back to Zanzibar for a week, which is leaving me deeply conflicted - I really want to spend all of my last five weeks with the kids, but I also recognize that being there every day and then leaving suddenly is probably the most traumatic possible method. I'm hoping that the week away will give the kids a chance to disconnect a tiny bit, and, I might as well be honest, reassure me that yes, they will survive without me. I'm pathetic. But I'm going to miss them so stinking much.
How could you not?

No comments:

Post a Comment