Friday, July 8, 2011

Out of time

I'm leaving Nkoaranga today and I'm using my last seven minutes online in Africa to write this. I'm only here in the internet cafe because I've just put the finishing touches to the Volunteer Guide we're putting up on the notice board - last minute of course. Tonight, after I've finished packing up the hospital house (the White House) I have to go and say goodbye, which will be completely horrible. I really admired Emily for how well she did it last night, I just wish it wasn't my turn! We had a lovely afternoon with them yesterday though and hopefully I'll be able to say goodbye well. They ask after a whole list of volunteers every couple of days: wapi Bosk (Ross)? Wapi Andry? Wapi Bethan? Wapi Emma? Wapi Jasmine? Wapi Bekka? It kills me that I have to be the next person who leaves them, and that when I'm gone they won't have anyone to ask - guess we'll just have to make sure we go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment