Sunday, July 17, 2011

The siblinghood of the travelling hat

Just a sweet picture set for tonight, I've got some nasty mystery bug that's kicking my butt. Let's pretend this is more metaphorical than it is, shall we? Just as we, in our lives, must wear many hats to fulfill our true potential, so must... hats... be worn... by many cute Tanzanian babies. So saith Bekka.

Cut me some slack, if I weren't in Connecticut I'd be getting a malaria test right now.

On to the hat!

It began life in the possession of Baba Bekka, but it didn't stay that way for long...

Soon it moved on to the smart and gorgeous Farajah
 (with Eman Ndogo on her left and Ericki on her right)

Super sneaky Ezra, who stole the hat repeatedly


Determined Maureeni

Satisfied Neema

And the ever-fashionable Loveness. 
 Usually, I feel bad that the kids don't have anything that belongs just to them, but then I see pictures like these and remember how beautifully and happily they have learned to share (well, mostly), as well as how much joy they get from the small things in life.

As Emma and Emily put it so well, "Hopefully, the memories they have of their childhood will be a happy blur of all the support and love [and hats] which so many volunteers have given them." 

May we all learn to appreciate the things in our life so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment