Thursday, December 1, 2011

Only Two Days To Go!

In two days time myself and 4 wonderful people will be jumping out of a plane in order to raise money for our beautiful children at Nkoaranga Orphanage.

Words cannot describe how absolutely TERRIFIED we all are!

Even just the thought of jumping out of a plane makes my heart pound. Personally, the thing that scares me the most is the actual landing, mostly because I'm worried I'm going to face plant into the ground and break my nose- it's the kind of clumsy thing I would do. But then, saying this, the idea of jumping out of the plane scares me just as much, though I feel that when it actually gets to that point, someone will probably have to push me- Maybe one of my fellow skydivers will do the honour?

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the wonderful support we have received and for the incredible people who have sponsored us.


Thanks to you we are able to send three beautiful children to school, hire another Mama to help care for the children of Nkoaranga Orphanage and even get started on the fund for next year's 'Project Education'.

We never imagined we would receive such a huge amount of encouragement and support, so from the bottom of our hearts, we thank you.

The children at Nkoaranga are beautiful, funny and loving individuals, who deserve to be loved more than I could ever express in this blog. So, please just know, that they are amazing and the money you have donated couldn't go to a better cause.

These beautiful children are the reason we are about to jump out of a plane and we couldn't think of a better reason to face our fears and take the plunge:

Fun and games at dinner

Pray's infectious laugh

'Sema Ndezi!'- meaning 'say banana!'

Big David teaching Andy (a fellow volunteer) the 'a b c'


The children dancing to their favourite song-
'I like to move it move it'

To find out more about 'Project Skydive' or to sponsor us then please click here.

Thank you so much to all those wonderful people who have sponsored us.
We are eternally grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment