Friday, October 22, 2010

In Tanzania in one piece!

This is just a quick post to let everyone know that I've arrived safe and sound in Tanzania, and am successfully installed in the volunteer house - with all my luggage intact, no less! The other volunteers are very nice, including the two who I met only briefly as they are leaving today - I will be spending most of my time with Christine, my roommate, and Christian, the other volunteer, both in their twenties. I'm writing from the computer that belongs to Lema, the coordinator, and he is charged per minute, so this will be very fast, I will update more thoroughly, and with pictures, when I can get to an internet cafe. Today I'm heading into Arusha to get some final tools, a cell phone, and my residency permit. Monday I meet with the head of the Tamiha project and we'll figure out a plan of action for using my time most usefully. I'm already missing home and dreaming about you all, I would love to get comments or email or something from any of you out there. Lots and lots and lots of love from sunny (ok, today it's cloudy, so sue me) Tanzania!

1 comment: