Monday, October 11, 2010

Thrilling update

The gloriously wonderful people at Rio Grande have come through with "hammers, saw frames, saw blades, one hand drill, drill bits, steel bench block, files, lots of different pliers, some copper and brass sheet and some wire" - about thirty pounds of beautious STUFF that will translate into a real, functioning jewelry program for these girls. Contenti and Rio are my official jewelry supply guardian angels, and now the next step is figuring out how on EARTH I'm going to get all these supplies to Tanzania. I was kidding yesterday when I suggested becoming the pantsless wonder, but it's looking more and more likely as the days go by. In reality, I'm going to have to suck it up and use an extra bag and pay whatever it takes to get my materials through. However, I'm going to try to do the impossible and extract sympathy from a commercial airline to see if they'll give me some kind of break on the baggage allowance - cross your fingers (and your toes, I'll need all the help I can get) for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment